I was determined to make a vegan custard, not the easiest thing since custard is basically made of eggs; After a bit of research I came upon this quick and easy no cook recipe which provided the inspiration for my custard base. I am quite intrigued with this no fuss method of making custard and look forward to using it for many other flavor variations.
- 1Place cashews, agar and salt in a blender and process to a fine powder
- 2Pour boiling water into blender and process on high speed
- 3Add pumpkin, agave and vanilla and process again until smooth
- 4Blend in cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and lemon zest
- 5Pour custard into ramekins or half cup mason jars
- 6Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.