was part of
Food Fight: Thanksgiving Sides
which ended Oct 31, 2008 12:00 AM.
See winners »
Roasted Sweet Potatoes Recipe
A lively mix of flavors and ingriedients to add some zest to your Thanksgiving meal.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" pieces, or 2 bags precut sweet potatoes fgrom Trader Joe's
- 4 - 5 tabelspoons olive oil
- 1 tablesppon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablesppons honey
- 1 garlic clove, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix the rosemary, salt, pepper, nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger. Add 3 tablespoons olive oil and the potatoes. Toss the potatoes well and transfer to a baking sheet. I line mine with a Silpat mat first. Bake for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine the chutney, Dijon mustard, Balsamic, honey, and minced garlic. Heat slowly, remove from the stove and whisk in 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- combine the cooked potatoes, cranberries, and onions. Pour chutney mixture over the top and toss gently. Enjoy!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.