This is a great simple tomato based cream sauce with scallops, tomatoes, cream and vegetables. If you are not found of scallops, a nice white fish like cod, halibut, or tilapia or shrimp will work. This dish offers many possibilities in the ingredients you add. These are some of my favorites, but please feel free to add your favorites.
- 1First marinade the scallops for 1-2 hours in olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper in just a small bowl or baggie.
- 2Then in a large saute pan add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sear the marinated scallops on medium high heat, 1-2 minutes per side till nice and brown, but not over done. Remove and set on the side covered to keep warm.
- 3Add pasta to boiling water with some salt and cook according to directions.
- 4Saute in remaining olive oil, the onions, garlic for 3 minutes until soft. Add vocka to deglaze pan and cook 1 minute until the alcohol burns off, Next. add artichokes, capers, olives and tomatoes and heat through. Remove from heat and add seasoning, additional pepper is necessary (there is alot of salt in the capers and olives so I don’t think more is necessary) and the cream.
- 5When pasta is done, drain and add to the tomato, vegetable sauce, toss in the scallops and parmesan and toss until heated through. Top with extra grated parmasean cheese. I like slivers, but grated is just fine. If you don’t like parmesan a romano blend or peccerino is also good.
- 6NOTE: Like I mentioned, If you are not a fan of scallops, shrimp works fine, also a nice filet of halibut, cod, or tilapia grilled with the same seasoning will work just as well over the pasta.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.