At the family’s request I made the same main dish for the second time in one week. It is a delicious chicken curry recipe that I’ve adapted from the Joy of Cooking.
I recently blogged about this family favorite recipe (and others) at www.mamasays.us/blog. This dish has become comfort food for our family —but they will also request it for special occasions and for company meals.
Serve with rice. The leftovers are also terrific.
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place flour in a shallow baking or plastic bag. Season flour with salt, pepper along with a sprinkle of curry and thyme. Dredge chicken to coat lightly.
- 2In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and brown on each side, about 10 minutes. Do this in batches to not over crowd the pan. Remove chicken to paper towel to drain and place in a casserole pan.
- 3To the same skillet, add onions and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes. Add curry powder, thyme, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Stir to blend. Add tomatoes with juice and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4Pour the tomato and onion sauce over the chicken and bake uncovered for 20 – 30 minutes until chicken tender and cooked through. During the last 5 minutes of baking, remove casserole from the oven, stir in raisons and return to the oven to finish cooking.
- 5Garnish with parsley and almonds. Serve over rice.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.