was part of
Food Fight: Thanksgiving Sides
which ended Oct 31, 2008 12:00 AM.
See winners »
Eggnog Sweet Potatoes Recipe
A holiday favorite! So sweet with a hint of eggnog flavor. This recipe has converted many a sweet-potato-hater!
The leftovers (if you have them) make for a heavenly milk shake. Just add two scoops vanilla ice cream, 1 cup of potatoes and blend. Two dishes for the effort of one!
- 2 cups steamed or roasted and mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1tb vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup prepared eggnog
- 1tb butter
- 1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons chopped salted pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Butter one 9×13 casserole dish
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, sugar, vanilla extract, egg, eggnog, and butter. Blend well, and spread evenly in casserole dish.
- If opted, top with chopped pecans
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.