Sebastians Recipe for Beer and Bacon Steamed Clams Recipe
Great recipe for cold days and football games!!
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 pounds clams, scrubbed well
- 1 cup Harpoon beer
- Fry the bacon slices in a medium pot until soft and golden, about 4 minutes. Add the onion and garlic and continue cooking until the bacon is nicely browned and the onion is tender, about 4 minutes longer.
- Stir in the clams and add the Harpoon beer. Cover the pot and steam the clams for 6 to 7 minutes, until they open. Discard any clams that do not open.
- Stir gently to mix with the bacon, garlic, and onion, and serve immediately.
- Boston based Sebastians recommends serving this delicious dish with crusty bread and an ice cold Harpoon beer.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.