cool as a cucumber salad Recipe
it’s still summer! while i’d love to pretend it’s cloudy outside and sip on hot soup and cups of tea all day, that is simply not the situation.
the farmers’ market is still bursting at the seems with foods to cool our bodies down, so we better take advantage of it while it lasts.
this recipe was blogged at http://sweetbeetandgreenbean.net along with lots of other vegan treats. check it out for the full post!
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- 3 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 5 tbsp rice vinegar
- 5 tbsp toasted seasame oil
- chop up all ingredients. make sure the cucumber is sliced nice and thin so there are no big chunks.
- in a large bowl gently toss the vegetables, mint and garlic with the oil and vinegar. the dressing should lightly coat the salad all the way through.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.