I made this on a whim one night when I got home late from work and only had a couple random ingredients, and it turned out to be awesome and super healthy as well! Don’t feel like you have to stick to the recipe. It’s not an exact science, and I’ve made it successfully with plenty of variations, so just use the recipe below as a guide to the approximate proportions of ingredients to one another. The recipe below makes two large servings, but don’t fret over calories. All ingredients, save for the cheese and the pasta, have minimal calories, so each generous serving has less than 500 calories!
- 1Begin boiling water on one burner. While the water heats, spray a large skillet or wok with cooking spray, and add garlic and eggplant. Cook on another burner over medium heat
- 2When eggplant becomes tender, add the can of diced tomatoes. Do not drain the juices before adding to the skillet.
- 3Water should be boiling. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain when finished and add to skillet.
- 4Cook all ingredients in skillet until pasta absorbs the tomato juices. Add desired amount of salt and pepper, basil, and sprinkle with cheese. Cook for several minutes longer until cheese melts.
- 5Remove from heat and enjoy!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.