Gluten Free Vanilla Plum Jam Recipe
As fall approaches, my attention is shifting to our fruit trees. A few years back we planted a peach and two apple trees along the perimeter of our packed yard; they are now bursting with fruit, as is our dwarf plum. While we eat the peaches and apples straight off the trees, each fall we make a habit of picking the tart little plums and making our own homemade jam from them.
For more information on this recipe and others like it, please visit www.elanaspantry.com.
- 4 cups plums, pitted and halved
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 10 drops stevia
- 1 vanilla bean
- In a large covered saucepan, bring plums, agave and vanilla bean to a boil
- Lower heat, uncover pot and simmer 15 minutes, until plums are dissolved (though skins will remain)
- Cook 10 more minutes to reduce mixture, then stir in stevia
- Remove vanilla bean, place plum mixture in blender and puree on highest setting
- Transfer mixture back to pot and reheat on stove
- In a small bowl, combine arrowroot powder and 1 tablespoon water to make a slurry
- Bring plum mixture to a boil, then add arrowroot slurry, stirring continuously, until incorporated
- Remove from heat, cool and transfer to mason jars
- Store in refrigerator for up to one week
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.