Vegan Filet Mignon Recipe
This recipe produces a vegan “steak” that’s so tasty, so juicy, that you’ll never miss the real deal.
- 6 oz silken tofu (1/2 box of Mori-Nu)
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Braggs Liquid Aminos (You can substitute Soya Sauce)
- 1/2 Tbsp steak sauce
- 1 tsp vegan Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp powdered sage
- 1 Tbsp Red Star Nutritional Yeast
- 2 Tbsp beef style vegan boullion
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups vital wheat gluten flour
- Put all ingredients except gluten and cornmeal in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place gluten and cornmeal in a large bowl. Pour contents of blender in and mix together. Knead into a firm ball. You may need to add a little more gluten flour as you knead. Dough should be still soft but not sticky.
- Cover bowl and let sit for one hour.
- Dust counter with gluten flour, and roll out the dough. Using a biscuit cutter, cut out six “steaks”.
- In a large pot, mix the following ingredients: 3 cups cold water, 3 Tbsp beef-style boullion, 1 1/2 Tbsp oil, 2 Tbsp Soya Sauce, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp onion powder.
- Place steaks into the cold broth, cover, and bring the contents to a slow simmer.Cook on low for about seventy-five minutes, turning occasionally.
- Allow steaks to cool about ten minutes, then place steaks and broth in a sealed container. To reheat later, put the steaks and the broth back in the pot and simmer just long enough to heat through.
- Serve with a spoonful of broth on top.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.