Tzatziki is an awesome condiment that can be paired with a lot of different greek foods. I like it with a shish ka bobs or even stuffed tomatoes.
- 1Skin the cucumber and spoon out the seeds
- 2shred the cucumber and take what you have shredded and squeeze the water out. I used to to this by hand but I would lose a lot and then I found that if I put the shreds into a paper plate and fold it in half I can throughly squeeze as much water as I can out and not lose much. watered down tzatiki sucks so make sure you get a lot of the water out.
- 3Now empty out the sour cream or greek yogurt into a dish large enough that you can mix easily.
- 4use a garlic press to break down the garlic and add it in the yogurt or sour cream
- 5add in the olive oil, white wine, vinegar, cucumber shreds. Also add in the salt and pepper but take it easy because its easier to add more than mask up too much.
- 6After you mix, try it and determine if you need more salt and pepper. I like to throw it in the freezer for about 15 mins to get it really nice and cold before serving.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.