Captin Crunch French Toast Recipe
My husband and I traveled to Kauai, Hawaii this summer with friends and stayed in a timeshare condo. I had decided to fix a big breakfast the day before we left, including french toast, but realized after getting things going, we did not have suryp and only 4 packages of sugar. In a pinch I grabbed my friend’s box of Captin Cruch cereal and crushed it up, hoping it would add enough sweetness to the french toast. It was some of the best french toast I had ever eaten!! It is crunchy on the outside and soft and creamy on the inside with just enough sweetness! We now fix it for our family breakfast once a month. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 8 1/2 slices french bread (texas toast will work as well)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk or half & half
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 4 cups crushed Captin Crunch cereal
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Vegetable or Canola oil
- Confectioners sugar for dusting (optional)
- In a large shallow bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Soak the sliced bread in the egg mixture, turning over to make sure both sides are evenly covered.
- Pour the crushed cereal into a shallow bowl and evenly coat the egg soaked bread.
- In a large skillet heat the 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat.
- Place 2 – 3 slices of the bread into the pan and cook until golden brown (approximately 2 -3 minutes on each side).
- Dust with confectioners sugar and serve immediately.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.