was part of
Food Fight: Egg Challenge
which ended Sep 19, 2008 05:00 PM.
See winners »
Truffled Poached Egg's w/ Arugula Recipe
I love breakfast for dinner and a hearty salad, add in some truffle oil and I’m in heaven.
- 4 eggs
- 5 slices turkey bacon, cooked, cut into 1 inch pieces (I'm into the turkey, don't do pork)
- 2 cups Arugula
- 1/2 cup teardrop heirloom tomatoes cut in half
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion halfed
- goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- dash kosher salt & fresh cracked pepper
- drizzle of white truffle oil & spinkle of herbs (chives or tarragon my fave)
- Boil about 6 cups of water in a big pot – add the 4 eggs, poach 2 min for runny yolks, I prefer the yellow bright but not runny so I go 4 min. Remove and set aside.
- Mix the arugula, tomato, and onion. Combine the vinegar and olive oil, whisk and drizzle over arugula mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste (just a quck hit). Drop in the bacon and gently mix again. Divide the mixture onto 2 plates, spinkle the crumbled goat cheese on each plate.
- Top each plate w/ 2 eggs, drizzle the truffle oil, then add the chives (just a couple of sprigs cut w/ scissors). I usually serve w/ toasted focaccia on the side.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.