This recipe is very common in Brazil and a good use of Catupiry cheese.
- 1Preheat oven to 450° F.
- 2Spread cheese over bottom and sides of 13 × 9 pyrex.
- 3Peel, devein and wash shrimp, sprinkle with lime juice and salt. Leave in refrigerator until ready to use.
- 4Chop tomatoes into big chunks and puree in blender.
- 5Saute onion in olive oil until limp, add shrimp, cover and bring to a simmer.
- 6Add tomatoes, parsley, green onions and whole peppercorns. Simmer for fifteen minutes.
- 7Dissolve corn starch in milk.
- 8Add hearts of palm and milk to shrimp, stir for a couple of minutes and remove from heat.
- 9Add salt and pepper to taste (remember the cheese is salty!).
- 10Pour shrimp mixture into pyrex. Sprinkle top with parmesan cheese.
- 11Bake until cheese is melted (about 15 minutes).
- 12Serve from pyrex with white rice as a side.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.