This never fails to be “the best cranberry sauce I’ve ever tasted”. Don’t trust me, just try it!
- 1Sautee orange with zest cut into 1" chunks (including peel) in butter for 2 minutes,
- 2add fresh cranberry and cover with burgundy wine,
- 3add sugar and cook over medium heat, stirring til cranberries are about 1/2 liquid,
- 4add all other ingredients except slurry and cook til desired consistency.
- 5Add additional sugar or cognac to taste.
- 6Add cornstarch to thicken if needed.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.