was part of
Food Fight: Egg Challenge
which ended Sep 19, 2008 05:00 PM.
See winners »
These always ran out in less than 10minutes during a potluck, my friends and family loves it!!! A little time and energy consuming but it’s worth the work and i usually do 3 set of this at one go. I have trial and error the various egg tart recipes before coming out with this.
Anyway, check out my web for a pictorial steps in the making of these tarts: http://jumphopdrop.livejournal.com/
- 1Firstly, prepare the WATER DOUGH:
Mixed the first five ingredients well and lightly knead for about 2 minutes until a sticky dough is formed. Set it aside.
- 2Next, prepare the OIL DOUGH:
Mixed 50g cake flour and 2tbsp butter. Do not knead this dough.
- 3Divide the Water dough and Oil dough into 10 portions where water and oil doughs are at 3:2 ratio. Roll each dough into a ball shape.
- 4On a lightly floured surface, roll out a water dough. Wrap oil dough in this water dough to form a ball
- 5Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough into a long oval shape. After that, roll it into a swiss-roll. Give the dough a ninety degree turn , and again, roll the dough out and do a swiss-roll. Finally, roll the dough into a flat round shape. Place the dough into a small pastry tin. Repeat the same procedure for the rest of the dough.
- 6For Filling: Dissolves sugar in hot water. Mixed eggs and milk together followed by the sugar water. Sieve the mixture to remove lumps. Set aside.
- 7Preheat the oven to 400F. Blind bake the tart shells for 7mins and let it cool for 5minutes. Fill the tart shells with the prepared filling to about 90% and bake for about 20 minutes or until just set.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.