was part of
Food Fight: Egg Challenge
which ended Sep 19, 2008 05:00 PM.
See winners »
Asparagus and mushroom eggs Recipe
Simple, fresh, and light. You can add/sub any other vegetables. You can pre-whisk the eggs but they are fluffier if you whisk them (with a little butter) in the pan (although it ends up really hard to clean).
- 8 small asparagus (trimmed, tip removed and set aside and the stalk thinly sliced)
- 1/2 lb mushrrom (any kind) (sliced)
- 2 eggs
- 2 scallions (white parts thinly sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (finely diced)
- fry garlic in olive oil on medium-high for a minute or two and then add mushrooms and season. Cook until soft (about 5 minutes). Remove to a bowl.
- Add asparagus (tips and stalks) to the hot pan (add more oil if needed) and season. Cook for 2-3 minutes stirring often. Remove to bowl w/ mushrooms.
- Add eggs to pan, add salt and pepper, and stir with a whisk until just set.
- Divide eggs between two bowls, top with aspargus/mushroom mixture and scallions. Serve
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.