This is my mom’s tried-and-true recipe that everyone loves (especially the crust!). It really couldn’t be easier. Mom uses pear preserves that she made as the fruit component, so it is not too sweet. Doubling the recipe is not recommended, but if you do, cut the butter in the “second” batch by half.
- 1melt butter in small, square pan (8″ × 8″) in 350 degree oven.
- 2in separate bowl, mix flour, sugar & milk to make a batter.
- 3pour batter into the hot pan containing the melted butter. don’t mix or stir.
- 4mix fruit and sugar/sweetener in a separate bowl, then
add sweetened fruit or fresh fruit preserves by dabbling on top of batter in pan. don’t stir.
- 5bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about one hour (till golden brown on top).
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.