Georgia Faye's Super Easy Fruit Cobbler Recipe
This is my mom’s tried-and-true recipe that everyone loves (especially the crust!). It really couldn’t be easier. Mom uses pear preserves that she made as the fruit component, so it is not too sweet. Doubling the recipe is not recommended, but if you do, cut the butter in the “second” batch by half.
- one stick butter or margarine (mom usually uses margarine) -- can use less
- one cup self-rising flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- one cup milk
- two cups fruit blended with 1/2 cup sugar (or your sweetener of choice); mom uses pear preserves that she made.
- melt butter in small, square pan (8″ × 8″) in 350 degree oven.
- in separate bowl, mix flour, sugar & milk to make a batter.
- pour batter into the hot pan containing the melted butter. don’t mix or stir.
- mix fruit and sugar/sweetener in a separate bowl, then
add sweetened fruit or fresh fruit preserves by dabbling on top of batter in pan. don’t stir.
- bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about one hour (till golden brown on top).
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.