Log Cabin Recipe
This autumn-inspired drink uses sweet maple-flavored liqueur with apple brandy, sparkling apple cider, and a bit of lemon juice to balance it all out.
What to buy: We like Sortilège maple liqueur for its smooth and not-too-sweet blending of Canadian whisky and maple syrup.
This recipe was featured as part of our Thanksgiving for Six menu.
- 2 ounces maple liqueur
- 1 ounce apple brandy, such as Calvados
- 1/4 to 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ounce sparkling apple cider
- Combine the liqueur, brandy, and 1/4 ounce of the lemon juice in a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously. Taste and add more lemon juice as needed.
- Pour everything, including the ice, into an 8-ounce rocks glass, top with the sparkling cider, and gently stir to combine.