was part of
Food Fight: Egg Challenge
which ended Sep 19, 2008 05:00 PM.
See winners »
This dish is a real winner because it makes a delicate and delicious breakfast, brunch, lunch, supper, or late night snack!
- 1Break off woody ends and cut asparagus spears into 1-inch pieces. Blanch for 4 minutes in boiling water. Drain, set aside.
- 2Place crab meat in a small bowl. Sprinkle with wine. Dust with Old Bay spice, and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Toss lightly and set aside to meld flavor.
- 3Crack eggs into a bowl. Add half-and-half, mayonnaise, pepper. Whisk together. Add drained asparagus and stir.
- 4Melt “butter” over medium heat in a 10-12" frying pan. Add egg mixture. As egg starts to set on bottom of pan, scrape with wide spatula from side to side a few times, distributing asparagus fairly evenly. Place crab mixture evenly over the pan, and continue to move spatula across the bottom, lifting and turning over as the eggs cook, until completely set.
- 5Plate the dish, garnishing with quartered tomatoes and basil leaves, or cantaloupe and Italian parsley.
- 6Serve with toasted bread, or English muffins, if you like.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.