was part of
Food Fight: Egg Challenge
which ended Sep 19, 2008 05:00 PM.
See winners »
This is my favorite recipe to treat myself after a long day of work. Being a type 1 diabetic, I developed it to be low carb but still high in nutrients. Enjoy!
- 1Create a mixture of the salt pepper, chopped Italian parsley, lemon juice, lemon zest, and minced garlic
- 2Season the salmon fillet with olive oil and half of the mixture
- 3Mix the remainder of the mixture with 1/4 cup of mayonnaise and the chopped capers, set aside and use to dress the salad of chopped romaine and chopped roast red pepper
- 4Add a drizzle of olive oil to a cast iron skillet and cook the Salmon (starting with the skin side down) and the onions on medium, about 4 minutes on each side of the fillet (depending on the size).
- 5When the salmon is finished, top the dressed salad of romaine and roasted pepper with the salmon and the onions.
- 6Immediately drizzle the skillet with a bit of olive oil and fry the egg over easy in the pan, top the salmon with the egg and serve. Enjoy!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.