was part of
Food Fight: Egg Challenge
which ended Sep 19, 2008 05:00 PM.
See winners »
Adult "Oggy Toast" Recipe
As a child, I couldn’t pronounce “Eggs on Toast”, but it was my favorite. This is an adult version & is good w/ hot sauce.
- 4 Large Eggs
- 4 Slices of Seeded Rye Bread
- 4 oz Crumbled Goat Cheese
- 8 Slices of Taylor Ham (can only be found in certain locations)
- Salt & Pepper
- Salted Butter
- Fresh Grated Nutmeg
- White Truffle Butter-Store bought or made w/ butter & truffle oil
- Poach the eggs in boiling water until desired consistency (preferably over-easy).
- Saute the taylor ham in salted butter until slightly crisp. Meawhile, toast rye bread.
- When toast is golden brown, remove & brush generously w/truffle butter. Top toast with goat cheese crumbles, taylor ham and a poached egg. Grate fresh black pepper and nutmeg over the top and sprinkle with salt to taste.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.