Herbed Cauliflower and Broccoli Salad Recipe
4 to 6 servings
Two underappreciated vegetables—cauliflower and broccoli—take center stage in this simple, flavorful side that’s a perfect fit with roasted chicken and mashed red potatoes.
Game plan: The vegetables can be served immediately or prepared 2 days in advance and served chilled or at room temperature.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons brined capers, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 3 cups broccoli, stems removed and chopped into small florets
- 3 cups cauliflower, stems removed and chopped into small florets
- Bring a medium pot of heavily salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Meanwhile, place olive oil, parsley, capers, lemon juice, and shallot in a large nonreactive bowl and stir to combine. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper; set aside.
- When the water is boiling, add broccoli and cauliflower and cook until fork tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and spread out on a baking sheet until cooled slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add vegetables to vinaigrette and toss to evenly coat. Season with additional salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.