Lemon and Parmigiano Risotto Recipe
I put it as a side dish, but it’s perfect all on it’s own, also. This is the first risotto I’ve made, and still my favorite, for the pure simplicity.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small white onion, or ½ large chopped
- 1 ½ cups arborio or carnaroli rice (I always use arborio)
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 5 cups chicken stock/broth
- zest of 1 lemon *
- juice of ½ lemon * approximate- change to your taste
- 1 cup grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- Put stock in a covered saucepan and heat on low.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add butter, olive oil and onions and cook for about 5 or 6 minutes.
- Add rice, stir for 2 minutes or until rice is translucent.
- Add wine and stir until it is all absorbed.
- Add the hot stock about 1 cup at a time, stirring frequently until absorbed. Repeat this step until all stock is absorbed and rice is cooked but not mushy. (About 30 minutes.) After about 15 minutes, add lemon zest and juice. Test the rice often towards the end of the time to prevent overcooking.
- When rice is done, turn off heat and add about half of grated cheese. Stir until melted and combined, and serve immediately. Remaining cheese is for sprinkling on top of each serving.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.