Honeyed Cashews with Kosher Salt
These nuts, with their balance of salty and sweet, are the perfect accompaniment to your next cocktail.
Game plan: The cashews will last 1 week stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
This recipe was featured as part of our Bring Happy Hour Home menu, our Bar Snacks photo gallery, and our New Year’s Eve Speakeasy Party.
- 4 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1Heat the oven to 350°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2In a large bowl, toss cashews with oil until well coated; set aside.
- 3Combine brown sugar, water, and honey in a small saucepan, place over medium-high heat, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook until mixture has thickened slightly, about 5 minutes. Drizzle over cashews and stir to coat.
- 4Transfer nuts to the prepared baking sheet and spread in a single layer. Bake until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes, for a total of about 20 to 25 minutes.
- 5Sprinkle salt over nuts and stir to coat. Let cool completely on the baking sheet and break up any large pieces before serving.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved