Mini Tapenade and Manchego Sandwiches
Bites of toasted baguette with melty sheep’s-milk cheese, briny tapenade, and peppery arugula, these mini sandwiches are easy to assemble yet elegant enough to serve at your next cocktail party.
Game plan: If you plan on serving these at a party, there’s lots you can do in advance to make things easier. Mix up (or buy) the tapenade, shred the cheese, and wash the arugula leaves (then store them in the refrigerator wrapped in damp paper towels placed in a resealable plastic bag) up to 3 days in advance, then assemble and broil the sandwich at the last minute.
This recipe was featured as part of our Bring Happy Hour Home cocktail party menu.
- 1/3 cup Mixed Olive Tapenade
- 1 sweet baguette, sliced in half horizontally
- 4 ounces aged Manchego cheese, shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 ounce arugula leaves (about 1 1/2 packed cups)
- 1Heat the broiler to high and arrange a rack in the middle.
- 2Evenly spread tapenade on cut sides of baguette halves. Evenly sprinkle cheese over tapenade.
- 3Place baguette halves on a baking sheet cut sides up, and broil until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the edges of the bread are toasted, about 2 minutes. Top with arugula, close sandwich, and cut into 24 pieces.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved