Charred eggplant, toasted walnuts, bright herbs, and sweet honey combine in an addictive dip that’s as versatile as hummus.
This recipe was featured as part of our Bring Happy Hour Home cocktail party menu.
- 1Heat the oven to 425°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
- 2Brush the cut side of the eggplant halves with olive oil and place them cut side down on a baking sheet. Place garlic on a piece of aluminum foil and pour remaining olive oil over top, fold up the foil to enclose, and put on the baking sheet with the eggplant. Roast until eggplant skin remains indented when pressed on and the cut side of the eggplant is browned, about 35 minutes.
- 3Set eggplant and garlic aside to cool, about 20 minutes.
- 4Using a food processor fitted with a blade attachment, chop walnuts until they are reduced to the size of peppercorns, about 25 pulses. Add parsley and roasted garlic and pulse until parsley is evenly minced, about 10 pulses.
- 5Scoop eggplant flesh from skin and add to the food processor along with lemon juice and honey. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds. Serve with toasts or crackers.