Fresh mint and cilantro pair with the classic Mediterranean spices of cinnamon, cumin, and coriander to liven up ground lamb and plain yogurt. To prepare these as a main course, form larger meatballs and serve with pita and couscous.
What to buy: Greek yogurt can be found in most grocery stores. We like the Fage brand.
Game plan: The meatballs can be formed up to 24 hours ahead and refrigerated; they’ll just need an additional 3 to 5 minutes in the oven to cook through.
The yogurt dip can be made 1 day ahead, covered tightly, and refrigerated.
- 1Heat the oven to 375°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
- 2Combine all meatball ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly with your hands.
- 3Form into 30 balls (about 2 teaspoons each) and place on a baking sheet.
- 4Bake until meatballs are no longer pink in the middle, about 15 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, combine all yogurt ingredients in a small bowl and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix well. Serve with the meatballs.