the BEST Granola. Ever. Recipe
I love yogurt, granola and fresh fruit – as breakfast, snack or anytime. Being frustrated with the high fat (and who knows what ingredients) in store-bought granolas, I blended elements of several recipes and came up with this fast, easy and most importantly, delicious homemmade granola. Enjoy!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cups sliced almonds
- 1/2-1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3-1/2 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup milled/ground flax seed
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit (I highly suggest dried cherries and dried mango)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 7 tbsp honey
- 3 tsp brown (or demara) sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 325C.
- Mix dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt honey, butter, brown sugar over low heat.
- When melted, toss with dry ingredients.
- Lay out on baking pan; bake for 15 minutes (or a bit longer if you like it drier and crunchier)
- Let cool. As it cools, mix in chopped dried fruit.
- Stores for 2 weeks in airtight container.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.