Fluffy vegan pancakes Recipe
Tired of the usual vegan pancake procedures that call for weird egg substitutes like applesauce or flax seed, I experimented with copious amounts of baking powder until I came up with something fluffy and delicious. They may not be particularly healthy, but no one ever suspects them of being egg- and dairy-free.
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup rice milk
- 1/3 cup melted vegan margarine or canola oil, plus more for the pan
- optional: handful of blueberries, chocolate chips, or whatever your heart desires
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add rice milk, margarine or oil, and mix just enough to incorporate. Stir in optional additions.
- Cook up some pancakes! (Medium-high flame + cast iron skillet/griddle + little bit of cooking fat + scant ¼ cup batter. Flip when sides look dry.)
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.