Light Cauliflower Curry Recipe
This is a recipe for a lightly spiced cauliflower curry, good over rice or with naans/tortillas/etc. It’s a simple dish and isn’t heavy.
You could also use this recipe to prepare fresh green beans. Cut up a pound of them into bite-sized pieces (length and width equal) and use them in place of the cauliflower florets.
- 1 head cauliflower, raw, broken into small florets
- 1 cup cubed raw potatoes (optional)
- 1 fresh tomato, diced
- 1/3 large white onion, chopped
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium to high heat. Add the olive oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the onions and cook until golden.
- Add the cauliflower and the potatoes (if using). Cover and cook on medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Uncover and season with turmeric, salt, and chili powder. Cover and continue to cook for 5-10 more minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and milk and cook until the cauliflower is soft, potatoes are tender, and most of the water has evaporated.
- Sprinkle cilantro over and remove from heat.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.