This is a recipe for a lightly spiced cauliflower curry, good over rice or with naans/tortillas/etc. It’s a simple dish and isn’t heavy.
You could also use this recipe to prepare fresh green beans. Cut up a pound of them into bite-sized pieces (length and width equal) and use them in place of the cauliflower florets.
- 1Place a large nonstick skillet over medium to high heat. Add the olive oil.
- 2When the oil is hot, add the onions and cook until golden.
- 3Add the cauliflower and the potatoes (if using). Cover and cook on medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
- 4Uncover and season with turmeric, salt, and chili powder. Cover and continue to cook for 5-10 more minutes.
- 5Add the tomatoes and milk and cook until the cauliflower is soft, potatoes are tender, and most of the water has evaporated.
- 6Sprinkle cilantro over and remove from heat.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.