Peanut Butter–Chocolate Ganache Recipe
Usually found in candies and ice cream, this classic pairing here becomes ganache that can be eaten as is or used to stuff caramel apples.
Game plan: This ganache can also be used as a tart filling (pour the just-made mixture into a baked tart shell), or turned into truffles (let the ganache set up, scoop it out with a melon baller, and roll in cocoa powder).
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine chocolate and peanut butter in a small heatproof bowl; set aside.
- Combine cream and vanilla in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat, about 3 minutes. Pour cream over chocolate mixture and let sit until chocolate is mostly melted, about 2 minutes.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth. Use as desired.