Cilantro-Almond Couscous Recipe
6 to 8 servings
Couscous is quite possibly the ideal side: easy, quick, nutritious, and, when made well, flavorful too. The combination of almonds and herbs in this version gives it a decidedly Middle Eastern slant that’s a great complement to roasted pork, lamb, or grilled fish.
- 3 cups dry couscous
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup roasted, salted whole almonds, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1Place couscous in a large bowl; set aside. Place water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 2Pour water over couscous, cover with plastic wrap or a plate, and let stand, tightly covered, until water is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in olive oil and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir in almonds, cilantro, and mint until evenly combined.
Copyright ©2012 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved