Chicken Vesuvio Recipe
- 6 to 8 potatoes
- 6 to 8 tbsp. olive oil
- 5 to 10 cloves garlic (whole)
- 2 chickens, cut up
- 2 tsp. dried oregano, crushed
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 c. cooking wine
- Peel and quart potatoes (cut lengthwise) in half. Heat oil and garlic in large skillet (medium high) for 4 to 5 minutes or until garlic turns golden. often. Remove and pat dry.Remove garlic from skillet; add potatoes and cook for 15 minutes until potatoes are golden, turning
- Add chicken, skin side down, to hot oil; brown slowly for about 10 minutes. Turn chicken, skin side up, and season with oregano, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Carefully add wine to skillet.Return potatoes and garlic to skillet.
- Place skillet in 400 degree oven and bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until chicken is done, basting the last 10 minutes with pan juice. Serve with cooked carrots and salad.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.