Vietnamese Turkey Meatballs
So a couple days ago, my friend Son taught me how to make traditional Vietnamese marinade and dipping sauce. Naturally, I had to muck with the idiom a little bit and put my own twist on things. Hounds, I give you . . . Vietnamese Turkey Meatballs
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 2 tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. white onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 C. plain bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. light soy sauce
- 15 drops fish sauce
- 3 tbsp. canola oil
- 1/2 C. low sodium chicken broth
- 1Combine all the ingredients except the canola oil and chicken broth in a medium mixing bowl.
- 2Form the mixture into 1 tbsp. balls, and sautee over medium heat in the canola oil until well browned on one side.
- 3Flip the meatballs, and add the chicken broth. Simmer until broth is reduced to about 3 tbsp. of liquid.
- 4Drizzle the reduced sauce over the meatballs. If desired, serve in butter lettuce cups with rice, fresh cilantro, basil, and wedges of lime.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved