Tequila Lime Chicken Recipe
This is best done on the grill, but the stovetop will work as well. Grilling tip: A common mistake people make when grilling is to keep turning the meat over and over and poking it, etc. It isn’t necessary- you really only need to turn it once and if you want those nice cross hatch marks from the grill when the chicken is done give it a quick second turn in the other direction.
- 4 split boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 T fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup gold tequila
- 1 t kosher salt
- 1/2 t fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 t ancho chili powder
- 1 T olive oil
- Combine the chicken with everything and marinade for a half hour at room temperature. The acids in the lime cook the chicken so you want to avoid over-marinading.
- Heat a grill with coals and brush the grill top with oil to prevent the chicjken from sticking.
- Grill the chicken over direct heat for 5-6 minutes (for a 1 inch thick breast. Turn the chicken and cook for another 5 minutes- again it will depend on the thickness of the chicken. Cook until nicely browned–it should feel firm and the juices should run clear.
- The sugars in the tequila and lime juice will blacken the chicken- so move them to a lower heat if that gets out of control.
- Serve hot off the grill with lime wedges.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.