Wholesome PayDay Bar (and Baby Ruth) Recipe
This “Pay Day Bar” is a wholesome version of the real thing using all natural ingredients. I’ve added honey in this recipe to give it some more flavor and stickiness, but this can easily be omitted for a low-carb version. Option: add my recipe for Chocolate Bark on top to make a Baby Ruth Bar.
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 c. salted peanuts
- 1/2 jar peanut butter (all natural)
- 3 T. honey
- 1/4 t. stevia
- 1/4 heavy cream
- 1 T vanilla
- In a double boiler, melt butter. Stir in peanut butter allowing it to melt slightly to combine well with the butter.
- Slowly add heavy cream (mixture will be thick and creamy).
- Remove from heat and add vanilla, stevia and honey. Fold in peanuts.
- Spread mixture in Pyrex pan and refrigerate overnight. Cut into squares and serve.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.