Lemon Liv Recipe
Given the inspiration from Andrea, then inspired by my friend Olivia, this version of the Lemon Drop is less sweet than the traditional version but herbal from the homemade bitters. Use Princess natural maraschino cherries, not those plastic ones.
- 3 ounces vodka (ideally lemon-infused or citron)
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 crushed natural maraschino cherries
- 1/2 oz. "cherry vanilla bitters":http://www.chow.com/recipes/12040
- 3 dashes simple syrup or agave nectar
- Crush cherries in glass.
- Shake vodka, bitters and lemon juice with ice, then strain into the cocktail glass.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.