Sugar-free "Magic Shell" Ice Cream Topping Recipe
This sugar-free hard chocolate glaze tastes just like the Magic Shell topping that you put on ice cream. It has the same properties as “Magic Shell”. Just pour on top of ice cream and allow a few minutes for it to set and thus creating a harden chocolate shell surrounding your ice cream of choice. Mmmmmmmm.
- 6 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 t stevia powder extract (I use NOW brand)
- 1 T. vanilla
- 1 T. erythritol
- 3-4 T. heavy cream
- In microwave, melt chocolate squares. Check every 30 seconds and stir until almost completely melted. (If your coconut oil is solid at room temperature, add this to melted chocolate and microwave further as needed to melt. Otherwise, proceed to step 2).
- Stir in coconut oil, stevia, vanilla and erythritol. Slowly add heavy cream to lighten up the mixture a shade.
- Pour directly on ice cream. Allow it to set for a few minutes. For faster results, put in freezer until hard. Pour left over chocolate glaze onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Chocolate will harden into “chocolate bark” that you can break off into pieces to eat straight or microwave to melt and then top ice cream.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.