Spicy Lemonade Recipe
This is the best summer beverage ever! This recipe was originally (as far as I know) published in the Pocahontas (AR) Star Herald. The only change I have made is that I double the amount of lemonade, because if you don’t, it’s gone in about 10 seconds.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 10 whole cloves
- Two 2-in cinnamon sticks
- 4 regular tea bags
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 1 1/2 cups lemon juice (about 8 lemons)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups cold water
- lemon slices for garnish
- Frozen spicy ice: Combine 1 1/2 cups water, cloves, and cinnamon in saucepan. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, remove from heat.
- Pour over tea bags, cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Discard tea bags and spices.
- Add 1 1/2 cups cold water
- Pour into ice cube trays and freeze.
- Lemonade: Combine lemon juice, sugar, and 4 cups water.
- Stir until sugar dissolves
- Serve with ice cubes and lemon slices
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.