Creamy Potato Soup Recipe
A quick and easy recipe for potato soup that I have made in our restaurant 100’s of times. It is a customer favourite!
- 4 large red potatoes- small cubes
- 2 green onions- chopped
- 2 celery stalks- chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp minced white onion
- 1/4 cup chopped ham or bacon
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups HEAVY cream
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 large bay leaves
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp chopped FRESH parsley
- To start, peel your potatoes and put them into a pot to boil. Put a medium to large soup pot on the stove on medium-low heat (around number 4 on an electric stove). First, put in your butter and let it melt a little. Now add your garlic, white onion and fresh parsley. Let this simmer for about 5 minutes. Now add your chopped celery, bay leaves and white wine. Again, let it simmer for a few minutes. Now add your pre-cooked bacon bits, or chopped ham. I will be posting this recipe on Rachel Ray’s blog, so check out her site too!
- After that has simmered for about 5 minutes, season with a little salt and pepper and then add your chicken stock. Turn the heat up to about 7 to get the mixture boiling. Once it has come to a slow boil, add your cream and stir it in well. Take your potatoes out of the water and add those to the soup. Take 4 cups of the water that the potatoes had boiled in, and stir that into the soup well. Now, let the entire mixture simmer/slow boil for about 1 hour.
- Last, stir in the green onion and thicken your soup with a ‘rue’ if necessary. Let the soup simmer on low heat for at least 15 minutes, then serve with a garnish of shredded cheddar cheese. Don’t forget to check out www.tixxie.com for more great recipes!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.