- 1/2 cup fine- or medium-grind bulgur
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups roughly chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 4 medium tomatoes: cored, seeded, and chopped
- Soak the bulgur in in hot water until tender (15-30 minutes). Drain well, squeezing out as much water as possible. Toss the bulgar with the oil and lemon juice, and season with pepper.
- Just before you’re ready to eat, add the parsley, mint, scallion, and tomatoes. Toss gently, taste and adjust the seasoning, then serve.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.