I actually saw something similar in a fantasy/sci-fi book by Stephen Burst which I decided to adapt to real life one night when wanting to do something different to Italian sausage. It is not a warm weather meal.
- 1coat the bottom of the pan with olive oil and spread the garlic over the entire pan.
- 2place the sausages over the garlic, the onion over the sausage and sprinkle the cheese over the sausage.
- 3mix the onions and peppers and spread over the sausage. Sprinkle the oregano over this.
- 4Add red wine gently to just 1/2 to 3/4 of the way over the sausage. Sprinkle crushed hot pepper and place into a oven preheated to 350 F and cook for 45 minutes.
- 5Serve with rice or spaghetti. I use the liquid as a sauce over either.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.