I love the combination of eggs and asparagus. The toasted baguette bits soak up the runny egg yolk- yum.
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Brush the baguette slices lightly with olive oil and place them in a single layer on one side of a rimmed baking sheet. Place the asparagus in a single layer on the other side and drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with some sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- 3Bake for about ten minutes- until bread is nicely toasted and the asparagus is taking on some color–turning once.
- 4While the asparagus and bread are in the oven prepare the eggs and pancetta. Using a large-9 or 10 inch non stick skillet- cook the pancetta until crisp- about 6-7 minutes over medium heat.When cooked- place them on paper towels.
- 5If there is enough pancetta drippings in the pan you don’t need to add olive oil when cooking the eggs. If there is too much- wipe the pan with a paper towel- not much oil is needed.
- 6Have the pan at med- hi heat and crack the eggs into the pan. Lower the heat some. Cook until the whites are set and the yolks runny- or till your desired preference. This usually only takes 3-4 minutes
- 7To plate the food have 2 plates ready. Make an asparagus bed in the middle of the plate. Place the eggs on top. Scatter the pancetta and break up the bread into little bites and sprinkle onto the plate.
Give a sprinkle of sea salt, a good grinding of pepper and grate fresh parmesan over the dish. Voila!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.