Cold Lentil Salad Recipe
Everyone loves this dish & asks for the recipe – even if they don’t think they like lentils. It light & fresh – perfect for summer!
- 1 1/2 cups green lentils
- 1 seedless english cucumber
- 1 medium red onion
- Handful of mint (cleaned & picked off the stem)
- Handful of parsley (cleaned & picked off the stem)
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 of a yellow onion
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- Olive oil
- In a pot, place lentils, 1/2 yellow onion & garlic cloves with skin removed. Cover lentils with water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce flame & simmer for 25-35 minutes until lentils are tender–BUT NOT MUSHY. It might be necessary to add a little more water during cooking process as lentils absorb the water.
- When lentils are tender drain. Pick out onions & garlic, discard.
- Peel cucumber, slice lengthwise & remove seeds. Dice into small pieces about the size of a lentil.
- Dice the red onion to the same size as well.
- Chop parsley & mint.
- When lentils are cool, combine with above ingredients.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.