Everyone loves this dish & asks for the recipe – even if they don’t think they like lentils. It light & fresh – perfect for summer!
- 1In a pot, place lentils, 1/2 yellow onion & garlic cloves with skin removed. Cover lentils with water.
- 2Bring to a boil, reduce flame & simmer for 25-35 minutes until lentils are tender–BUT NOT MUSHY. It might be necessary to add a little more water during cooking process as lentils absorb the water.
- 3When lentils are tender drain. Pick out onions & garlic, discard.
- 4Peel cucumber, slice lengthwise & remove seeds. Dice into small pieces about the size of a lentil.
- 5Dice the red onion to the same size as well.
- 6Chop parsley & mint.
- 7When lentils are cool, combine with above ingredients.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.