Mom's Biscuits Recipe
This is how biscuits are supposed to be. Of course, that doesn’t mean they always turn out like mom makes them – there is a skill to it that I’m still developing.
- 2 cups flour
- 4 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t cream of tarter
- 2 t sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup milk or cream
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Cut in shortening until coarse crumbs.
- Stir in milk all at once. Knead for 30 seconds (as little as possible).
- Roll out, cut. Place on cookie sheet.
Can brush melted butter on tops before baking.
- Bake 450 ° for 10-12 minutes.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.