Macaroni pie is a traditional Caribbean Sunday dish. Every West Indian loves it. It is served with stew chicken,beef or pork ,callaloo, stewed peas and a fresh green salad.
- 1Drain thoroughly
- 2Mix macaroni with 300 gms.cheese add peas and carrot, cream style corn, and cooked bacon,
- 3Beat egg in milk and add to mixture,
- 4Pour mixture into casserole dish
- 5Cover mixture with remaining cheese
- 6Baked in a covered dish at 350 degrees for one hour
- 7Leave to cool slice and serve.
- 8The pie can be made without the peas and carrot, bacon and cream style corn . If you are making a plain pie use a bit more cheese
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.