Caribbean Macaroni Pie Recipe
Macaroni pie is a traditional Caribbean Sunday dish. Every West Indian loves it. It is served with stew chicken,beef or pork ,callaloo, stewed peas and a fresh green salad.
- 400 Gms. Macaroni
- 400 Gms. grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tin cream style corn
- 1 tin evaporated milk
- 1 Egg
- Optional Bacon bits, raisins.
- Drain thoroughly
- Mix macaroni with 300 gms.cheese add peas and carrot, cream style corn, and cooked bacon,
- Beat egg in milk and add to mixture,
- Pour mixture into casserole dish
- Cover mixture with remaining cheese
- Baked in a covered dish at 350 degrees for one hour
- Leave to cool slice and serve.
- The pie can be made without the peas and carrot, bacon and cream style corn . If you are making a plain pie use a bit more cheese
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.