Healthy fudge Recipe
Healthy? Yes. Don’t be fooled, this is NOT low-fat. The main ingredient in this recipe is coconut oil, a healthy, natural, stable fat. This fudge is slightly sweet and does not impart an overt coconut flavor. The texture is very similar to the real thing. Try adding some chopped nuts or raisins for variety.
- 4 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 c. coconut oil
- 1/4 butter (1/2 a stick)
- 1/2 c. almond butter (or any nut butter of your choice)
- 2 t. stevia extra powder
- 1 T vanilla
- Melt chocolate in the microwave on high 30 seconds at a time. At each interval, check consistency and stir. Just before it’s completely melted add butter and coconut oil (if the coconut oil is not already liquid at room temperature).
- When all is melted and stirred until smooth, add almond butter, stevia, and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
- Pour into a 7×11 glass Pyrex dish. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares. Store in refrigerator.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.