Reduced sugar flan Recipe
This is a basic flan recipe made from whole foods (no sweetened condensed milk here). I eliminated the sugar in the flan itself and used maple syrup instead of the caramelized white sugar for a less processed topping.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 t. stevia extra powder
- 1 T. vanilla
- 6 T. maple syrup
- Heat milk in a saucepan just to a boil.
- Beat eggs. Slowly add half of the hot milk to eggs to temper. Then add egg/milk mixture back into the saucepan with milk. Stir constantly until you start to see bubbles forming. Do not let it boil.
- Remove from heat. Add stevia and vanilla. Pour into 6 ramekins in a hot water bath. Bake in 350 oven for 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, top flan with 1 T. maple syrup to each ramekin.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.