Fried Cabbage Recipe
This side dish goes with anything you BBQ and I’ve made it for years and am always asked for the recipe. You can adjust any of the ingredients to taste and can substitute the bacon with olive oil for reduced fat but if your frying it who cares.
- 5 Slices of Bacon
- 1 Large Head Cabbage (roughly chopped)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 Red Onion (chopped)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (smashed/chopped)
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
- In a large heavy skillet cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towel and retain reserving the grease. Heat the grease over medium heat and add the onion, bell pepper and saute until tender. Add the garlic and saute for approximately 2 minutes. Take care not to burn garlic or it will be bitter.
- Increase heat and add cabbage stirring to prevent burning until cabbage has wilted add Red Pepper Flakes and Salt. Crumble reserved Bacon over the cabbage and serve.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.